Ready to earn CE credits at your leisure? Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
About Our Courses: We offer 4 types of courses to meet your CE needs:
- Online Courses: Provide instant access to course materials (pdf download) and the CE test. These courses are text-based (reading) that you can print or view on screen.
- Video Courses: Provide instant access to course video(s), handout and the CE test. These videos stream from Vimeo and are accessible wherever you have internet service.
- Audio Courses: Provide instant access to mp3 audio file, handout and the CE test. You can listen to the audio from your account, or download to your phone or tablet to listen on the go.
- Test-Only Courses: Provide instant access to the CE test. Enables you to earn CE credit for reading a published course book (NOT included in your course enrollment) or share course books with colleagues. You get instant access to the CE test and a direct link to purchase the book from Amazon if you choose. In some cases you have a choice between a print book and an e-book.
All courses require successful completion of an online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and a course evaluation (required by our accrediting bodies) to earn a certificate of completion.
Learning Level: Each of our courses is assigned a "learning level" so that you can tell if is it's suitable to your experience and needs:
- Introductory: Assumes no prior knowledge or experience on the topic.
- Intermediate: Assumes some knowledge, but not expertise on the topic.
- Advanced: Assumes extensive knowledge on the topic.
Gina's Tip - "I recommend printing the CE test to mark your answers on it while reading the course materials (click "Download CE Test" link from My Courses tab of your account to access). Then you can submit your test online whenever you're ready to receive credit."
Navigating Our Website:
To find courses that are accredited for your profession -
- Choose your profession from the Courses tab above
- Browse by topic, search or scroll down to browse by type (or all)
- Click on course images to view course details and enroll
To purchase courses -
- After 'enrolling' from a course page, proceed to checkout (click shopping cart icon in upper right corner)
- You'll be able to enter any promotion code you have and click 'update' to apply
- Enter billing information and proceed to checkout
To complete courses -
- After completing your order, click My Account tab and scroll down to My Active Courses
- You'll see links to download/print course and test, take CE test, etc.
- Click 'take CE test' link when ready to submit your test online for credit (80% required to pass)
- Submit course evaluation and then print your certificate of completion
Gina's Tip - "Please take a moment to review your course after completing it. These reviews are shared on the course page for future participants to consider before ordering. You'll find the 'review' link on the My History tab of My Account."
Reporting Credit to Professional Associations: The only agencies to which we report course completions are ASHA and CE Broker (detailed below). All other licensees are required to keep records of their continuing education activity for use in the event of an audit. Most boards recommend keeping this documentation for 4 to 5 years, but please check with your own licensing board for specific requirements.
- ASHA (for Speech-Language Pathologists): We report all course completions to ASHA quarterly as long as (a) you select “yes” for ASHA reporting and (b) you provide your ASHA number in your profile. ASHA requires us to file course completions on a quarterly basis (1st qtr Jan-Mar, 2nd qtr Apr-June, 3rd qtr July-Sept, 4th qtr Oct-Dec). The last day of the quarter in which you complete a course is the date that will appear on your ASHA transcript. For example, if you complete a course on 10/31 it will be reported to ASHA in early January with a 12/31 completion date.
- CE Broker (for all Florida licensees, Ohio SLPs and Alabama OTs): We report all course completions to CE Broker within one week as long as you provide your correct license information in your account profile.
When you create an account, you will be asked if you want your credits reported to ASHA. If you do, check yes and enter your 8-digit ASHA number. All course completions will be submitted quarterly. If you already have an account, click the My Professions tab on your account dashboard. Then click the profession listed. A box will open (pictured below) where you can edit your state license information as well as your ASHA reporting options. If you check no to reporting, we will NOT submit any completions to ASHA - and we cannot report after the fact (ASHA does not allow us to submit outside of the established reporting cycles).
Getting help: Help is just a click away. Use the “Contact” tab at the top of any page to send us a quick message. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
Gina's Tip - "As an online company, email is the easiest way to reach us. We are usually able to respond faster (and on evening/weekends) to emails than phone messages."